Monday, May 2, 2016

the gospel does change lives

Howdy do!

Happy May y'all!! I thank each of you for your prayers and support, I
hope you all are doing well.

The excitement of the week: BILL GOT BAPTIZED! Leading up to it we had
some of the sweetest experiences :) For instance, the night before we
brought over his new home teacher and his wife, the Scotts (Who, no
big deal, is the brother of THE Richard G. Scott, apostle of the
Lord!!!) to meet him and have a short lesson. We read from 3 Nephi 11
about the coming of Jesus Christ and Bill just kept saying how excited
he was to be baptized and how grateful he was that he has found the
gospel. Brother Scott gave him a priesthood blessing and I couldn't
stop crying, the spirit was so so strong. Saturday evening was his
baptism. He showed up a little late but got suited up in no time but
then the font wasn't all the way filled! (The plug wasn't all the way
in... Oops) So the first man giving a talk took a veryy long time to
speak so as to stall so the font could fill. Haha. Sister O'Hara and I
sang "Nearer, My God to Thee" which was one of Bill's favorites. And
then the baptism was perfect :) How cool, to see an 83 year old man
change his life and join the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day
Saints. Wow. He felt the spirit testify to him that Joseph Smith was a
prophet and the Book of Mormon is the word of God. "What greater
witness can you have than from God" (D&C 6:23). The Ward completely
embraced him and will take good care of him. How grateful I am that
the Lord allowed me to be a part of this brother's conversion :)

I could just stop here after that. But on to further news:
We had interviews with President Berry on Tuesday :) I just love him
so much! He's finishing his mission in 7 weeks and that just breaks my
heart. I'm so grateful to have such an amazing mission president! He
has helped me so much over the course of my mission.

Alaila, the 15 year old investigator, is doing fantastic. She already
has a testimony and is so smart! She and her family are from Jamaica
so she's got a cute accent. But we found out this week that the first
time she met us, apparently she had almost no idea what we were
saying! She laughs and shakes her head and says "Americans..." Haha!
So funny cause we're thinking the same about their accents :)

Jamie is also doing amazing!! She came to church again. She's doing
out of town but she said "I will only have to miss one Sunday and
that's it!" Wow. We had her over at a member's for lunch and the
member helped answer tons of questions and basically taught her the
whole Plan of Salvation plus deep doctrine haha. She is loving all of
it though :)
While at lunch with this member he pulled out a guitar and started playing 
a rock version of "popcorn poppin" haha! We laughed so hard.

Sorry this one is so short. I am so so grateful for the marvelous 
opportunity Heavenly Father has given me to serve this mission. I 
am so grateful for the amazing people I've met and the experiences 
I've had. I know without a doubt that Jesus Christ is our Savior and it is 
ONLY through Him and obedience to His gospel that we can and will be saved.
I hope you have a wonderful week!


Sister Woolley

Pictures:
Bill at his baptism! <3
our district. fun fun 




No comments:

Post a Comment