Monday, May 16, 2016

Beachside Missionaries

Hi everyone!!

I hope you've all had a fantastic week :) well, I'm over here in
Melbourne, literally right on the coast! So far I've gotten to see
jumping dish and dolphins in a "river" that connects with the ocean
woah! That was cool. Our area is TINY and all the houses are walking
distance to the beach. How crazy!

Last Monday night we spent saying goodbye to all those in Olympia.
Holy cow that Ward is amazing and I'll miss them! Then Tuesday morning
a member drove me to Melbourne! Over an hour of a drive but it was
beautiful. This week was kind of a blur getting all situated haha. I
haven't been transferred in 6 months so woah what a change! I'm
beginning to love the members and people here :)

My companion is sister Quist from South Jordan, UT. She came out with
my trainee Sister Rytting! She's new at being an STL so it's fun to
show her how it goes. She's super talented musically and has a
powerful testimony :) We went to Cocoa ZTM on Wednesday Vero Beach ZTM
on Thursday to give trainings so that was fun! It was a super long
drive to Vero beach but it's also beautiful down there!

Some cool things that happened...
We have this awesome investigator Venita who just had her first baby
on Wednesday! So we went to see her in the hospital. What a sweet
heart :) the little baby was 11 days overdue! Venita is amazing. She's
already read the Book of Mormon through and she's on her second time,
already in Mosiah! (Reminds me of Gary Gallup actually :) I miss
them!). Her baptism will be next month, so that's exciting!!

We spent a lot of time finding this week and talked to some amazing
people. I'm excited to work with the Ward here to get them sharing the
gospel with their friends! Two high councilmen came on Sunday to speak
and gave awesome talks on missionary work. Woohoo!

I want to invite you all to invite a friend to church this week.
There's no greater joy than in sharing the gospel :)
Also, I was reading this morning in Helaman 3 and I just love verse
35, "Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and
stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of
Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea,
even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which
sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto
God."

I love you all! I'm praying for you and I know that the Lord loves
you. Keep going strong!!

Sister Woolley

No comments:

Post a Comment