Monday, May 30, 2016

Proud to Be an American- and a Missionary

Happy Memorial Day :) to start off the day I thought I'd share an
AMAZING scripture that I thought of this morning at our Ward's pancake
breakfast/Memorial Day celebration.
Alma 46: 12, 15-16
"And it came to pass that he rent his coat; and he took a piece
thereof, and wrote upon it--In memory of our God, our religion, and
freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children...
And those who did belong to the church were faithful; yea, all those
who were true believers in Christ took upon them, gladly, the name of
Christ, or Christians as they were called, because of their belief in
Christ who should come.
And therefore, at this time, Moroni prayed that the cause of the
Christians, and the freedom of the land might be favored."
I'm thankful for all those we have fought for our freedom, especially
that of religious freedom which makes spreading the gospel possible!

So this week we had zone conference woo! It was way down in Vero
Beach. It was AWESOME. I gave a training again which is always good
fun :) we have new pamphlets out! One about family history and the
temple and one about serving in the church. So that's what I trained
on. I love zone conference. It was President Berry's last time so I
cried... And he called me out on it from the podium haha ("sister
Woolley, don't look at me like that!" As he starts crying too, oops.)
I am so grateful for a wonderful mission president and his wife and I
won't ever forget them.

On Wednesday I was in Palm Bay for exchanges! I feel like I'm hardly
in my own area sometimes ha. I was with Sister Jarvis who took my
place in Belleview back in November so we had a great time talking
about that! Lots of adventures and found some awesome people in their
area :)

Then more exchanges on Saturday! I was with Sister Nielsen and we had
a blast! She and I were in the same district while we were in training
over a year ago so that was so fun to be together. She goes home at
the end of this transfer. I'm pretty sure we're related too because my
Nielsen ancestors are from Denmark and so is her family.. Hmm :)

We got to paint a house for a referral who moved in! That was a lot of
fun. We're going back Friday and hoping to teach her and her family.

Updates on people! Nicole is doing AMAZING!! She is soaking up the
gospel and loving every bit of it :) she came to church for the first
time yesterday and after taking the sacrament she said she felt 20
pounds lighter :) there's power in the Atonement of Jesus Christ and
His restored gospel!! She can't wait for her baptism. Please keep
praying for her!

Also the Ward officially split so we are now covering the Satellite
Beach Ward woohoo! Which means we had to steal one of the elders'
investigators who is on date for baptism. Super cute lady we get to
work with now.

I hope you all have a fantastic week. Thanks for all the support and
love. Don't forget to smile! God loves you more than you know ❤️

Sister Woolley

No comments:

Post a Comment