Monday, June 6, 2016

"'and God created great whales'...Oh, wrong verse"

Hey people!
 I hope you had a MARVELOUS week. I sure did! SO much has happened,
sometimes I stop and try to fathom how much can happen in just one
day, let alone one week!

We had quite the experiences this week. I guess I'll start with
Monday. We got to meet with our new bishop who is amazing and I love
his family so much. We followed the council of Elder Clarke of the 70
who told us last year to buy our bishops ties. So we bought him a
polka dot tie and told him we're here to help. I'm pumped!

On Tuesday we had exchanges :) oh yay how I love exchanges! I left yet
again and got to go to Palm Bay  with Sister Skousen, another one of
the lovely Sister Guynn's trainees who is now training too! We had
such a fun day! You guys. I got to bike ALL day. And I was SO happy.
We met the coolest people. At one point there were two cars at a stop
sign one right behind the other so we just split and contacted them
both and both were interested! We just chatted the whole day and it
was beautiful out, just the best!!

Wednesday we had a lot of success finding and teaching :) had dinner
with a less  active member that missionaries have been working with
for years and HE SAID HE'D PRAY. A couple days later we followed up
and HE DID! That was exciting.

Wednesday night we drove to Lake Nona STL apartment (which was sister
Guynn and Mickelson's!!!) to stay the night for MLC the next day cause
it's so far away. That was a party. Speaking of MLC the next day..
Ahhmazing. Except for the fact that I had to say goodbye to President
and Sister Berry who leave at the end of the transfer. Ahh. It was
super sad. I'm so grateful for all they've done for me over the course
of my mission. Thankfully they live in Draper, UT so I'll be visiting
them :) best mission president in the world!

Thursday night we had a sad moment. Nicole, our amazing investigator,
was progressing super well. She has an amazing testimony of the gospel
and knows it's all true. Sadly though, because of choices in the past,
her baptism will be postponed, we're not sure for how long. I had to
break the news to her and let me tell ya, that was so hard. She's
heartbroken but still willing to do all she needs to do to make it
happen. I feel Heavenly Father's love for her and know that the
Atonement will work on her too.

Also, because of the Ward split we now live in our area so we decided
to tract our street and what do you know, the neighbor right next door
is interested in learning. We downloaded the Book of Mormon on his
phone and the next day we went over, he had already listened to some
of it! He wants to be a better father for his children and is really
open to learning. Going back tonight to teach him!

Yongyi came to church yesterday for the first time :) it was stake
conference but it went super well! Mindy was out of town sadly but
still good to go for her baptism too. We had a super sweet lesson with
her on Thursday about recognizing her answer that this church is true
and she definitely feels the spirit.
And venita is stellar! She finally came to church too and just loved
it :) she's the one who had her baby my first week here. She can't
wait for her baptism. Everything we teach she prays about and accepts
so easily because she knows it's all true. She's almost done reading
the Book of Mormon for the second time!!

Anyways, sorry this is so long. I know this church is true. I know
Joseph Smith was and is a true prophet of God. This week an elder who
will be returning home soon bore his testimony about simple
testimonies. Our testimonies don't need to be elaborate for the spirit
to bear witness of it. A simple testimony is what brings the spirit
and the Lord works through the week and simple. I have a testimony of
my Savior Jesus Christ. I know He lives and loves each one of us. How
grateful I am to represent Him every single day. I know the Book of
Mormon is true. Don't miss a day reading it.

I love you all. Have a happy week :)

Sister Woolley
 
President and Sister Berry, I love them
 Exchanges with Sis Skousen :) happy biking 
SO CLOSE TO THE BEACH. don't worry, we weren't on the sand ;) 
It's gorgeous 

 and Ponce De Leon landing, way cool 

No comments:

Post a Comment