Monday, November 30, 2015

Sam I am... I am Sam... I am Ortho

Hello hello!

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? It was a fantastic day as we got to ask everyone what they were grateful for and bear our testimonies of the Savior. When I really thought about it, the top of my gratitude list is my Savior, Jesus Christ, and my family. I know my Heavenly Father loves me and loves each one of you. He is so so sweet <3 I am SO stoked for the holiday season!!! The spirit is in the air and there is so much joy around :) ALSO the church JUST released the new Christmas Initiative--- A Savior Is Born!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow, if you haven't watched it yet, DO IT. I just love it and can't wait to share it :) 

Okayy so such a good week!
First off I just love having the temple in this are and to do temple service! We got to plant poinsettias around the temple grounds to add a festive spirit AND I got to see the Belleview ward bishop's wife and daughter there :)

This week I went on my first exchange with the sisters. It was awesome! On Wednesday I went to the Buena Vista YSA ward with two of the sisters and it was so neat! YSA is a lot different than regular missionary work ha and actually really cool to get to talk with most people our age. Something fun they do every Wednesday night is have "night games" where the YSA get together to play games and the missionaries join, with permission from the mission president :)  The day I was there happened to be volleyball (which I LOVE). But... I kind of chipped a bone in my finger, on my right hand. So I get to wear this cool brace for 4 weeks as it heals. Don't worry momma! It just makes it hard to eat and write haha. When talking to our mission doctor he said he could handle the situation, without an orthopedic. Hence, the subject title. what a hoot.

ANYWAY! We had an AMAZING miracle on sunday! A recently reactivated member told us he has a friend for us to teach! He brought her to the church sunday morning before church and we gave her a church tour. She's looking to change some things in her life and just loved and accepted the Restoration. It was legit! we got to set her a baptism date and she stayed for church and really enjoyed it. Prayers for her please! We are pumped :)

Last night we went to teach a new investigator and his daughter (his ex wife is a mormon by the way). In the beginning of the lesson we asked his 11-year old daughter if she had been to the church before with her mom and it turns out she's already been baptized! hahaha. so that was cool.

I am just so thankful to be a missionary. I love everything about it :) My companion is AMAZING and I'm so happy. The Lord really is so sweet. I have strengthened my relationship with Him so much since coming out and I strive to come closer to Him everyday. I know this church is true <3 I love you all!!!! 

Sister Woolley 

P.S. sorry for no pictures, the computer isn't working :/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment