Monday, November 16, 2015

Blessings in Bellevue



Well folks, I received the news on Saturday that I will be transferred out of Belleview. I saw it coming but I was hoping it wouldn't happen. We have seen tremendous miracles these past two transfers. My baby is all grown up now and will be in a trio here in Belleview! I'll find out tomorrow where I'm headed. I can't even describe how much I love this area. Really. This ward is the BEST and the people here are so dear to my heart. 3 1/2 transfers here wasn't long enough. Through many struggles, joys, tears, exhaustion, and spiritual experiences here I can say this area has changed me. I just can't even describe it. I'm so grateful my Heavenly Father placed me here.
INGE BENSON GOT BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY! Hallelujah what a BEAUTIFUL day. She was so nervous she was going to drown. She wore socks in the font which made her feet slip out from under her but Brother Copeland was strong enough to keep her from slipping haha. She just kept telling everyone how she slipped :) She was confirmed yesterday in church and was just glowing with a huge smile on her face as she walked back to her seat. She just wanted the gift of the Holy Ghost to have peace in her life and she got it. Really puts it in perspective, I think sometimes we take that beautiful Gift for granted. It is a remarkable gift Heavenly Father gives us. The ward just LOVES Inge and welcomed her with open arms. She was shocked and sad when she found out I was leaving and I am heartbroken to leave her. But I know she'll be taken good care of here. 
Side note: She's a tracting miracle! The Lord knows where His chosen people are and we just have to follow :)
Okay so Tuesday I did that whole 20 minute training at Zone Conference and I was the LAST missionary to give a training so the whole day my stomach was in knots haha. But the time flew by and it was quite fun. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm an STL now but I haven't received a call so I'm safe from that!
A couple in the ward whom we just adore took us to Gator Joe's where I finally tried gator!!!!!!! Oh so happy. It was good, tastes like chicken ;)
Friday we got to attend the temple with Gary and Sharen so they could do baptisms for the dead. Oh my goodness it was AMAZING. We had a few other members with us. We don't participate in the baptisms but we watch and it was so sweet. I just love the temple and it's a spiritual boost to attend and feel so close to the Lord there. <3
Ready for another miracle? Remember Leroy and Cece? Cece was baptized back in May and the sisters have been teaching Leroy ever since. He hasn't budged so we just went mainly to teach Cece. Well, he's attended the last few baptisms and on Saturday night we had dinner with him and Cece and Brother D. Well, we started talking about the Spirit and how he felt at the baptism and before we knew it he set a baptismal date for himself in January! On his birthday! I'm sure our faces were priceless. He seemed excited and joked about buying a case of smelling salts for the ward because everyone will be so shocked. HA! Ain't that the truth. I'm so happy for him :)
Sunday night we had such a neat experience! Our Mission President set up a musical fireside for all the missionaries in our mission. It was with Marvin Goldstein and Jessica Joy, an AMAZING pianist and awesome singer. Gary and Sharen went with us and it was the greatest thing ever. I just felt so happy to be listening to them play and sing and testify of this great gospel. The Spirit was so strong. 
Another drum roll.... afterwards Sister Guynn (if ya'll remember we were in the same BYU ward my first semester) grabs me and pulls me over to where our BYU bishop, Bishop Sybrowsky, was there! I may have screamed a bit. Thanks for being there Bishop!!
Well everyone, I just want to leave you with my testimony that I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I am so honored to have my name next to His on my name tag everyday. I love this gospel and I have seen it change lives as it continues to change mine. Remember- continually improvement and progression! 
Thank you for everything. I love each of you!
Sister Woolley
P.S. Shout out to cousin Taylor Woolley and his 22nd birthday!


Bishop Sybrowsky :)
Inge's Baptism!

 reactivated Barreto family :)
 ate frog legs!
 gator joe's
Gary and Sharen got us all "Jesus is My Boss" hats haha

No comments:

Post a Comment