Monday, June 20, 2016

"Why does it always smell like fish!?"

Hey y'all!

Happy Father's Day! I am so blessed to have a wonderful father who
loves and supports me. Thank you daddy :) and I am grateful to a
step-father who has also been there to love and help me, thank you
Dave! Father's have a strong impact on not only their children but all
around them. And of course I am thankful for a Father in Heaven who
blesses me each and every day :)

Transfer calls came and I am staying in beautiful Satellite Beach and
training another new STL, Sister Lefebvre! She's been out about 10
months and is super sweet :)

So this was probably the strangest week of my mission. I couldn't do
much walking from the accident last week.. I used those crutches for
most of the time. We taught a lot of our lessons at the church and
made sure to rest- so strange. But, I'm feeling a lot better and we
had some awesome events this week!

First off, Venita got baptized! That came up quick for both of us. It
was such a great service. She was all smiles the whole time :) we had
a good turnout from the Ward. Sister Quist and I did a musical number,
she played piano and I sang "I Believe in Christ". The sweetest part
of all was when Venita came out of the water. She was beaming. And the
spirit was so strong. When she walked up the steps and we handed her
her towel she just put the towel to her face and cried. She was so
happy and so overcome with the spirit. :) She was confirmed the next
day in sacrament meeting. It's just hard to explain the way it feels
to be a part of someone making this life decision. I am SO happy for
her. Random miracle too, her newborn was quiet the ENTIRE service. And
he's never quiet! Also, her husband seemed so comfortable and happy
too- he's next!

With Venita's baptism and extending dates to a couple of other people
I've been thinking a lot about the covenant we make. In Matthew
3:16-17 it reads,

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the
water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the
Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom
I am well pleased.

Something else that makes my heart happy is that Alaila, who I taught
in Olympia, got baptized last week and then Jamie, who I also taught
in Olympia, was baptized pm Saturday. I got to talk to her for a few
minutes. I am so proud of these wonderful women for making this choice
to be baptized. Such a blessing to have been able to work with them!!

The voice of our Heavenly Father was heard. He was pleased when His
Son, Jesus Christ was baptized and I know for a fact He is pleased
when one of us, His sons and daughters, are baptized. I want everyone
to realize this fact! My one true desire is to please my Heavenly
Father. I just imagine Him up there smiling down on us when we make
righteous choices. That just brings me such joy! And I want everyone
to feel that joy from their Father too :)

I discovered a lot this week the principle of being in the right place
at the right time. We had several amazing opportunities to help those
who really needed it. A seemingly small event that meant a lot to me
was when we were driving and stopped at a red light. I rolled down my
window to contact the man next to us. I told him who we were and what
we do and he said "your timing couldn't be more perfect". I told him
that God loves Him and he shook his head as if he wasn't worthy of
God's love. I testified (through the car!) that the Savior can heal
anyone and fix any mistake and he just had a look of hope on his face.
Sadly the light turned green and all I could do was tell him to look
at the church website and I prayed so hard that he would. Who knows
what will come of it?
Another experience happened where we contacted a group of young adults
and one of them burst in to tears and said that she had just been
praying that morning for help. She knew we were sent from God.

I share these small experiences because it makes me reflect upon my
mission. I am SO thankful to each day out on my name badge and
represent my Savior. It's a privilege to be where He needs us to be
and say what He needs us to say. I'm entering my last 6 weeks of the
mission and I am so sad that it will be coming to a close but so ready
to work even harder each and every day to help my brothers and
sisters.

I know the Savior lives. I know He loves each one of you. What will
you do this week to please your Heavenly Father?

Thank you all for your love and support! Stay strong and keep smiling,
the Lord is on our side :)

Sister Woolley

P.S. Pictures to come soon! We got to go to the beach this morning and
it was heaven :)




No comments:

Post a Comment