Monday, January 4, 2016

2016

Hello all!!!

Happy New Year! First off... How is it 2016? How did that happen? Second off, I'm SUPER excited for all this year holds :) And I'd love to hear everyone's resolutions for the year! How are you coming closer to Christ this year? What will you do for Him?

Also, it's been FREEZING these last two days (yesterday was 54 degrees and neither of us wore a sweater oops...) but it finally feels like winter so I'm loving it. I swear it almost snowed yesterday... Haha.

Well, besides the new year, there was lots of change this week. On Tuesday we went to transfer meeting and I said goodbye to my dear sister Arsenault. She is now whitewashing in a trio! Love you! And I am now with Sister Burnette from Olympia, Washington! (Now in the Olympia Ward in Florida haha). She is awesome! Fun fact, I am her second Sister Woolley companion. 
And she's my 11th comp in general. Woo! She really teaches by the spirit and makes me laugh so the transfer started off great!

Our first day together we found this cool Indian couple to teach and had a bomb lesson with Brenda! We taught her about repentance and watched the little video Because of Him then just sat there and cried. Yep. Us and her member friend just sobbing and testifying of the Atonement. Probably one of the top spiritual lessons I've had. She is on fire and wants to do everything she can to follow Christ. She came to church on Sunday for the second time and said she felt so good. She's talking to her boss about getting Sunday's off so please pray for her! :)

On Thursday we had MLC which is always great. There's some cool events and changes coming that were pumped about! (To be continued)

This transfer we are hoping to really work with our members and have them share the gospel with their friends and family. We're pumped to begin working more with each of them :) so please add the Olympia Ward 
and its members to your prayers as well. Thank you all! Also, this week's ponderize: Mosiah 8:18. I found it after praying about our Ward and how to work with them. The Lord will provide a way for us to touch many lives but great faith is required. On that subject, I was reading in Enos 1 today and discovering how Enos gained great faith. It definitely takes work and is not easy to gain but it WILL come. And always remember Ether 12:6 :) Heavenly Father knows each and every one of us and will do all He can to help us. And then it's up to us to either follow Him or not. I'm eternally grateful for the choice I've made to serve a mission and I have loved every minute of it thus far. Im grateful for each of you and the support you give to me. I'm grateful for the Restored gospel and the Book of Mormon. Don't forget to read it! Have a fantastic week!!

Love,
Sister Woolley

Sister Arsenault!
 members dog
Sister Burnette!

No comments:

Post a Comment