Monday, January 18, 2016

Storm Troopers and General Authorities

Hey ya'll! I hope everyone had a fantastic week! Is the new year going well thus far?? What's the highlight of the week?

We had quite the time this week, several ups and downs. But I feel like I've learned a ton about the Savior and I'm so grateful for the Atonement and His love. There's a talk I read from Bruce C. Hafan called "The Atonement: All for All" and I would highly suggest it to everyone to study this week. He talks about how Jesus Christ literally gave His all when performing the Atonement. We can't even comprehend what he's done for us. And He did it out of love! And so, in order for us to access the blessings of the Atonement, we too must give our all. Holding nothing back we need to give our whole heart to Him. Just as when Christ called His disciples to follow Him they left their nets behind them and gave their life to His service. It needs to be the same for us. And in return we receive so much strength and joy from His gospel <3

So, this week was interesting. We had MLC and Zone Conference with Elder Maynes of 70! He is awesome. I learned SO much and it just was a reboost for the work :) Also, on Sunday we had a Regional Broadcast for church where Elder Hales, Elder Rasband, Elder Clayton, and Sister Reeves to the whole South East area woohoo! Now that was cool. Elder Hales talked a lot about strengthening the family so if it's available, go back and watch it because it was amazing.

Work wise... 
We have this sweet lady named Mary that we're teaching now. The YSA elders met her and passed her off to us. We're feeling pretty good about her :) Also, our sweet Iranian family are doing great. Reza, the grandpa, came to church on Sunday! We were ecstatic!
Other than that we are just finding and finding, searching for those people who are willing to commit to the gospel. A couple of our solid investigators have dropped us so it's been hard but we're pushing forward. I'm grateful for the Savior and the strength He gives me :) 

On a happy note we had some STELLAR lessons with some less active members we're working with and a member of the Bishopric who came with us. We had some really spiritual lessons with the. Our member invited one of them to church and it was the sweetest invitation there. Hopefully soon!!

I hope you all are doing well! It sounds like things are home are going great :) I am so grateful for each of you and the influence you have had and will continue to have on me. Thank you! I love you all so much. Let me know if there's anything I can pray for. Have a great week!!

Sister Woolley

P.S. I hit my year mark this week. Not sure how time has flown so quickly, but I can honestly say it's been the best year of my life :) 

Pictures:

Our ward mission leader has 5 adorable kids. He bought them this balloon Stormtrooper and it made my day haha.
Also, we met his man (who may know my brother in law) who had a bird that flew onto my comps' shoulder and sat there while we talked about the Plan of Salvation haha :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment