Monday, February 29, 2016

Biking + Blessings

Hey ya'll!! Yet another fantastic week in the FOM. I don't think I
could be any happier :)
First off, (again) HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my beautiful, sweet mother!!! I'm
so grateful to have been blessed with a mom as wonderful as she is.
Thank you for all that you do for me and everyone else, momma, I love
you <3

We had an incredible amount of experiences teaching with members this
week and I'm just so grateful for all the members who help us out each
week. I think it's so fun when members come finding with us and
they're able to see how we find new investigators.
This transfer we've been praying for so many members to have missions
experiences and just yesterday TWO members brought their friends to
church for the first time! We get to meet with one Tuesday night and
we're pumped!

Here's an interesting experience...
So we taught our investigator Paul whom we picked up last week. We
thought he was awesome and he seemed really interested. But the second
lesson we had with him we found out that he literally thinks he's
Jesus Christ. What? It was so strange, I've never had anyone say that
before in my time out here. We testified against it but he wasn't
convinced. So we told him to read the Book of Mormon and we left.
Gotta love the mission life!

Aw the sweetest thing! If you remember a couple of weeks ago I talked
about the woman we are helping go through the repentance process? She
was able to meet with the bishop on Sunday. She was so nervous
beforehand and we were praying hard for her. That evening she called
us and we could just tell in the sound of her voice the difference she
felt! She was SO happy! It reminds me of Alma 36:21. I can add my
testimony to her's that we truly can be changed and become new through
the Atonement. :)

We went on two exchanges this week. On Wednesday I got to stay in
Olympia with Sister Muhlestein who was actually trained by my trainer
too! So that was exciting. We had quite the day and it was a good time
:)
On Saturday I got to go to Lake Reams with Sister Glover! She is so
sweet, just out of training. And I GOT TO BIKE ALL DAY. Hallelujah it
has been so long. We saw some pretty amazing miracles. We contacted a
woman from the second floor balcony of an apartment complex by calling
over the side and talking to her. She was so cool! She had met with
missionaries about 2 years ago. Seems very interested :) also one
woman we met later in the day had just talked to missionaries over in
Sanford three days earlier. She looked up and said "I think I get the
hint!" And then was super excited about reading the Book of Mormon.
She texted us that night saying she couldn't put the book down! So I
hope the sisters get to teach her there :)

Back in my area! Friday night we got to teach the wonderful family I
told y'all about last week! Aww they are so prepared. Every member
that meets them agrees. We met them at the church and give them a
church tour. They each remembered what we had taught them about the
Restoration. We showed them the baptismal font and watched a little
bible video about when Christ was baptized. The spirit was so strong
and each one of them committed to a baptismal date :) ahh! We are so
pumped. Please keep them in your prayers!! They did not come to church
yesterday and we're not sure why but they said they still want
lessons. Keeping the commitment of attending church seems to be the
hardest for everyone. We'll get me there!!

I know this gospel is true. I know Joseph Smith was called to be a
prophet. I am so grateful to have the opportunity every single day to
testify of the Restoration of the gospel, of the Book of Mormon, and
especially of my Savior, Jesus Christ. 3 Nephi 5:13 "Behold, I am a
disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to
declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting
life."

Have a fantastic week!! I love y'all!

Sister Woolley

Pictures
Some sisters had this stick in their apartment.. haha
On exchanges! we walked along this dirt path to the church for a 
baptism, with this member :)



No comments:

Post a Comment