Monday, April 18, 2016

Come unto Christ

Hello there!!

Well the sunshine state is just sunny and bright as always :) good
things are happening here in Florida!

The first great thing, yesterday, little Melanie, the 10 year old we
were teaching, got baptized! Holy cow it was the cutest event. Her dad
got to baptize her and when she came out of the water he gave her a
big hug and told her he loved her and it was such a spiritual moment.
This is what it's all about! It was a privilege to have been a part of
this and help this family :)

Then there's Bill. Bill is doing fantastic!! Oh my goodness I love
him. We had two really cool experiences with him this week. We went to
his favorite member's home again for dinner and we showed him the
Restoration video and he was all smiles the whole time :) the member
fell asleep which was funny. Then on Friday we took him on a temple
tour. This is the second person I've taught who's spouse has passed
away and I think one of the sweetest things is teaching them about the
temple and the Plan of Salvation and how they can go inside and be
sealed to their spouse for eternity. He can't wait! We walked around
the temple grounds with him and again he was all smiles. He loved
church and the members and fits right on in!

We had some awesome experiences with member referrals this week!
Wednesday night we showed up at the church for another temple tour but
our people didn't show up. But! A member was there with his cousin who
we introduced ourselves to and found out that he wants to be taught
and join the church, what!? So we taught him the next night and it
went super well! Yay members!
Then! A member told us to see her neighbor Brit. So we popped on by
Thursday afternoon and she was home and SO excited to see us. We asked
what she would want to get out of meeting with us and she said "well,
I probably want to convert" WHAT. What. We were blown away!! She met
us at the church on Saturday and we had a really cool lesson with her
and she committed to baptism. Sadly, she didn't make it to church on
Sunday because her grandpa was in the hospital (I think he's alright
now) so hopefully next week!

I stayed in the area for both of our exchanges this week which was
crazy! On Saturday I was with Sister Glover, who I've been on
exchanges with two other times, I've been her STL for 4 transfers so
it's fun to know her so well. What a day! It was insane. Things fell
through, miracles happened, and it was great.
Here's one: In the past we working with a less active, Ron, and he
disappeared for about a transfer. I decided to call him up to ask him
to come to a lesson and first HE ANSWERED THE PHONE. Then he showed up
and the investigator didn't so we decided to just teach him
(finally!). While standing outside the church our bishop pulls up and
gets out of the car with a big smile on his face. He shakes Ron's hand
and says "I saw you from the rode and wanted to come say hi". Take
note: the rode isn't super close to the church. I said "how did you
see that far!?" And his only response was "I'm a radiologist". The
spirit definitely had a hand in that one... So we took Ron to the
temple grounds and read 3 Nephi 11 together and wow the spirit was so
strong. He just smiled and said "things always happen for a reason.
The progress is and will be slow but it's there :)

What a blessing it was to attend church and partake of the sacrament
this Sunday. Two weeks ago we had general conference and last week we
had stake conference so FINALLY we got the sacrament. Two weeks is too
long but it really helped me appreciate it more. I'm so grateful for
my Savior Jesus Christ and the Atonement. I know He lives. I know if
we follow Him we really are happy in all things. 3 Nephi 11:37 "And
again I say unto you, ye must repent, and become as a little child,
and be baptized in my name, or ye can in nowise receive these things."
For those who haven't been baptized, it's the greatest choice you can
make. For those who have been, the sacrament is there for us each and
every week to renew our baptismal covenant. Daily repentance. Humbling
ourselves and coming unto Christ. That's the key and He promises to
bless us.

I love you all! Have a marvelous week and don't forget to smile :)

Sister Woolley



Bill's temple tour!!
 in Bill's star trek room
Melanie's baptism :)

No comments:

Post a Comment