Monday, December 14, 2015

The most wonderful time of the year

Hello family and friends!!

Well I don't have much time, so here's the quick update!

I got to go on exchanges again in a Spanish area and eat delicious
food and pick up on most of what is said yet not be able to
communicate much haha. But 'twas fun!
We had zone training meeting on Thursday and because we're over two
zones we went to both! Basically an almost all day event. We did a
training on recognizing how our investigators need to feel and it was
legit. Lots of fun too!
Oh! I got my splint taken off of my hand now, the finger is almost healed up :)

We had an AWESOME day on Saturday where we found three new
investigators. We were walking in an apartment complex and saw a
father and daughter moving in so we went up. Wow one of the first
people who actually let us help them! We moved stuff in for them and
got talking. Showed them the new Christmas video and while I was
showing it I was thinking over and over, how can I introduce the Book
of Mormon to them?? Lo and behold right as the video ended the dad
says, "I've always wanted to read the Book of Mormon." Really!? So
we're going back tomorrow :) miracles!!

Friday night was the Ward Christmas party. Woohoo so fun! We were
asked to perform something with the elders at which we procrastinated
until the morning of to practice... Simply put the first song we tried
was a train wreck, at which one point one of the elders sang out "we
are lost!!!" Haha. We ended up singing a medley of three songs from
the hymn book and it was a success. Anette, one of our investigators,
came with her granddaughter and loved it :) yay!

Sunday I got to give a talk in sacrament meeting about strengthening
our testimonies. One thing that never ceases to amaze me is how much
the little things contribute to our testimonies. Pray. Scripture
study. Going to church. Those three simple things make ALL the
difference in our testimonies. Never loose those. I have a HUGE
testimony that by doing the small and simple things our faith can grow
so much :)

One last thing. I got a letter from the mission office extended my
mission by a week because of the new MTC time period.. So my death
date is now August 3rd haha! Weird. Today marks 11 months of being a
missionary and the happiest 11 months it has been!

I love you all! Have an amazing week :)

Sister Woolley

No comments:

Post a Comment